Foodies. Apparently, they love food. But do they really know what they're eating, and where their food comes from in the first place? How many foodies can score full marks on this quiz?
1. Here's a really easy one: what colour are these little green blobs going to be in October?
2. This isn't so easy: what are those fresh green pods (and old brown ones) hanging on the branches?
3. These green apple-shaped balls look good enough to eat now, but they won't be ripe enough until late August.
4. If you cut and dry these now, they'll make a mild relaxing tea in the winter.
5. What colour are these spiky balls going to be in late September?
6. What wild leafy greens grow from the seeds of the plant that gives this bright yellow flower?
7. These beautiful pink flowers bring out one of the sexiest fruits imaginable. What are they?
8. No, it's not a walking stick. It's edible, but you know it in a much shorter form.
9. What are these white blossoms going to be when they grow up?
10. What are these furry worms going to turn into when they get older?
11. What can be made from these tiny green blobs?
12. These little buds will grow into a very large crop. What is it?
Leave a comment on this post with the numbered answers and you may win this book,
which is filled with similar recipes that I have already written about. Now you won't have to drag the laptop in the kitchen or print out the recipe when you want to cook Cretan food.
This competition will run for a week. The winner will be announced some time in the following week, where I will also give the answers. If you want to take part, please make sure I can track you down (ie don't leave an anonymous comment). The winner will be picked randomly, even if they don't know all the answers; hey, neither did I until I came to live here!
©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.